- Claudia’s German is improving rapidly. She is helping me now 🙂 (I did three years of night classes, three years!!!!!).
- My German is in a state of stagnation. I tried to enrol in classes but they were $1600 and my mind calculates everything in travel money… $1600 = one really good holiday, a few really good weekends away, or lots of small getaways or day trips. I cannot bring myself to spend that much on German lessons.
- In Australia, very few people could pronounce Urs’ name correctly and we certainly didn’t know anyone else with the same name. In Switzerland, when someone calls out ‘Urs’, 16 guys turn around.
- Every time I think it is definitely Spring because the sky is blue, the grass is green and the birds are chirping, it snows.
- I forgot that I was nervous about driving here and ventured out on my own. And it was good.
- We are being more spontaneous. Today we bought open train tickets to go away at Easter time. Destination unknown.
- The small shop at the end of our driveway closed. Claudia and I are still sulking about it. Why Migrolino??? Why???
- The Saturday markets opened for the start of Spring. Happy days. Love market day. Love it.
- I still have no friends, although the lady I pass every day on the way to school and I have had a few short conversations. She thinks Australia is full of dangerous snakes. A common thought here. Well it is sort of true.
- I have been to the hairdresser. It took Urs over 20 minutes on the phone to organise an appointment – working out what I wanted done, how much it would cost, how long my hair is, when it would fit in with the short school hours. There was no way I was going to attempt that in German!
Have a lovely weekend x